Skilled Trades Program
Program for immigration to Canada eligible for trades occupations.
Example of eligible professions: Electricians, Carpenters, Mechanical Engineers, Operators of heavy duty mechanism, Welders, Plumbers, Aircraft Mechanics, Crane Operators, Miners, self-employed people in construction and etc.
Conditions of the program:
- meet the minimum language level in one of official language:
- English Language IELTS - Speaking 5.0, Listening 5.0, Writing 4.0, Reading 3.5
- French language TEF - Speaking 226, Listening 181, Writing 181, Reading 121;
- have at least two years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the five years before you apply, This means you have to work a total of at least 30 hours over a period of one week;
- have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority. (There is not required to have a complete education gained in Canada, a short course is sufficient and then successfully passed a test).